(CBS News) -- The embattled mayor of North America's fourth largest city could lose some of his authority. On Friday, the Toronto City Council will consider a motion to strip Rob Ford of his budget power. The vote follows a day of bizarre behavior, new denials and another apology.
Pushing and shoving his way through crowds of reporters on Thursday, Ford had no choice but to respond to the latest round of allegations following his bombshell admission of smoking crack. Newly released court documents allege Ford has also been linked to prescription drug abuse, prostitution, oral sex with a former staff member and drunk driving.
"I know none of you guys have ever, ever had a drink and got behind a wheel. I know that," Ford told reporters.
During a vulgar exchange with members of the press, Ford denied those claims and even threatened to sue the staffers who spoke out to police.
"It's unfortunate I have to take legal action," he said. "I've never had a prostitute here; I'm very happily married at home."
In a rare appearance, Ford's wife Renata was by his side during a press conference at city hall, where Ford apologized for his profane comments earlier that day. Ford also confessed that, while the controversy has taken its toll, he is seeking help.
"These allegations are 100 percent lies," he said. "I'm receiving support from a team of health care professionals. I am accepting responsibility for the challenges I face."
For Terrell Brown's full report, watch the video in the player above.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.