ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) _ A south-central Kansas woman has pleaded guilty in the death of a toddler who drank rust remover in her home.
Two-year-old Davin Manly became fatally ill last October at the Arkansas (ar-KAN'-zuhs) City home of baby sitter Jennifer Bowman. Authorities said the rust remover was in a plastic beverage bottle.
KSNW-TV reports Bowman pleaded guilty Wednesday to involuntary manslaughter. She had been scheduled for arraignment but entered the plea instead.
Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 11, a little more than one year since the toddler died.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.