TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -Commuters were being re-routed not for road repair or water main breaks this afternoon, but due to a 136 foot KC-135 Stratotanker re-fueling plane.
It was first added to the Air Force during the Eisenhower administration.
The plane revolutionized air war fare once it allowed Air Force pilots during to stay closer to their targets for longer periods of time due to mid-air refueling.
This particular KC-135 was first used by the Air Force in 1958 and then by the Kansas National Guard's 190th Air Refueling Wing until 2007. It will be housed on the south end of Forbes Field at the Museum of the Kansas National Guard.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.