Social Security launched its newly redesigned home page that will help visitors more quickly and easily find the information and services they need, providing them with an improved user experience!
One of the most significant changes to the home page is a service channeling guide. The guide links users to Social Security’s most popular pages--the services visitors are most likely to use.
Other changes include:
* Modern graphical elements and a rotating “showcase” that provides high visibility for significant agency initiatives.
* Redesigned subpages for the major Social Security benefit programs--Retirement, Disability, Survivors, Supplemental Security Income, and Medicare--are easily accessed by clicking on the row of horizontal blue buttons at the top of the home page.
* An additional button--Business Services--links to a portal with information and services Social Security offers to businesses.
* A news section to keep readers up-to-date on important Social Security announcements.
* A large question mark where visitors can find answers to their questions.
While the look of our home page has changed, the bookmarked links to users’ favorite pages have not.
You can experience the new home page at www.socialsecurity.gov. We also attached the latest press release announcing that Social Security unveiled a new look for our website. The design features a “service channeling guide” which will help our customers quickly find the information and services they need.