Signing paperwork at a New York courthouse on Monday, Mark Jay Heller, Lindsay Lohan's attorney, predicted there will be no case against the actress in connection with an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver confirmed that a criminal complaint has not been drawn up at this time. The district attorney's office said only that the investigation is continuing.
Lohan was charged with misdemeanor assault in the Nov. 29 incident at Club Avenue.
The "Mean Girls" and "Liz & Dick" star allegedly struck Tiffany Mitchell, 28, of Palm Beach, Fla., in the face during an argument at the trendy lounge in Manhattan's Chelsea district.
At the time of her arrest, her attorney, Mark Heller, said Lohan was "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame."
In September, she was involved in an NYPD investigation after alleging a man assaulted her in a hotel. Charges against the man were later dropped.
It was just one of many legal issues Lohan has faced this year.
In December, a Los Angeles judge revoked her probation and scheduled a violation hearing for Jan. 15 that could result in more jail time for the 26-year-old star.
Lohan had attempted to get her career back on track at the start of last year, posing for Playboy and starring in "Liz & Dick." The Lifetime movie, though, wasn't greeted favorably by fans or critics when it premiered in November.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.