Grandma's Pot Cookies Land 3-Year-Old Southern California Boy In Hospital

By: CBS/AP (Posted by Carissa Fox)
By: CBS/AP (Posted by Carissa Fox)

(AP) MURRIETA, Calif. - Police say a 3-year-old Southern California boy ended up in the hospital after eating his grandmother's marijuana-laced cookies.

Murietta police Sgt. Phil Gomez told the Riverside Press-Enterprise Monday that the grandmother, a cancer patient, had a doctor's recommendation to use marijuana to ease her pain.

Gomez says she had baked a batch of drug-laced cookies and stored them in a garage refrigerator.

The toddler's father had seen cookie crumbs in the garage but the family grew concerned only when they couldn't wake the toddler after more than 16 hours of sleep and realized he had consumed the cookies.

The child was observed at a hospital and released.

Investigators are awaiting toxicology tests. If marijuana is found in the child's system, family members could face child endangerment charges.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161258405 - wibw.com/a?a=161258405
Gray Television, Inc.