PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Several foam manufacturers have agreed to pay $30 million to settle lawsuits brought by survivors and family members of those who died in a 2003 fire that killed 100 people and hurt more than 200.
The settlement offers were disclosed in court papers filed Monday.
More than $101 million has now been offered to victims of the Feb. 20, 2003, fire at the Station nightclub in West Warwick from several companies, including Home Depot and a maker of fireworks. Plaintiffs have yet to approve the settlements.
Investigators blame flammable, egg-crate-style foam on the walls and ceiling of the club for fueling the fire.
The fire was started when a pyrotechnics display for the rock band Great White ignited foam placed around the stage for soundproofing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.