(AP) A 5-year-old Atlantic City boy saved his grandmother from choking, using a trick he learned in school. The Press of Atlantic City reported that Shirldine Stewart, 56, was watching television and eating Jell-O when her grandson A'Zir Spence came downstairs to ask her a question.
When she turned to look at him a piece of food got lodged in her throat.
After she couldn't remove the food herself, her grandson asked her whether she was choking. Then the boy suggested she raise her hands over her head.
When she did, the food popped out.
The boy says he learned the trick at school. His grandmother calls him her little hero.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City, http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com
Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.