TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- A woman was rushed to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a house caught fire in Southwest Topeka Monday night.
Smoke was coming from the home when firefighters arrived at 1912 S.W. Belle around 9:30 p.m.
Fire crews worked quickly to put out the fire while rescue crews searched the home for victims. They say everyone was safely outside the house. No other injuries were reported.
Investigators say the fire started in a sewing room in the Southwest corner of the home.
They believe an unattended space heater may have started it.
Damage to the home is estimated at $6,000.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.