TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) --- Officials say around 25 people were evacuated from an area just Southwest of Emporia on Wednesday morning due to a natural gas leak.
Emporia Fire Department Jack Taylor told 13 News that the gas leak was due to a faulty valve and was taken care of immediately after the problem was reported.
Residents were evacuated around 9:30am and were allowed to return to their homes and businesses shortly after.
Taylor said the Fire Department received a few other reports of the natural gas odor around town, but explained that the smell was just from remnants of the leak and residents are in no danger at all.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.