The YMCA teaches the positive values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility, and Honesty in all of its programs. The
Character Values Award is an opportunity to nominate and recognize community members who examplify these important
We encourage you to nominate a youth or adult who exemplifies any or all of the core values of the YMCA- caring, honesty, respect,and responsibility. The YMCA will honor three youth and four adults in the categories listed in the nominating form.
Many generations have benefited from learning the core values taught by the YMCA. These values must become part of
the fabric of our society. In order to provide our youth and families encouragement to pursue these character
traits, the YMCA established an annual Character Values Award. The purpose of the award is to recognize youth (age
18 or under) and adults who exemplify the core values taught by the YMCA and to provide examples of positive role
models for others through recognition of these youths and adults.
Please send in your nominations today by mailing the form to the Downtown YMCA, 421 Van Buren, Topeka, Kansas
66603. The deadline for nominations is December 31, 2008.
The YMCA wishes to recognize our fine sponsors who are helping with the award. They are:
Alliance Bank - Capitol Federal Savings Bank - CBIZ Accounting, Tax & Advisory Services
G Trust - Kaw Valley Bank & Trust- WIBW-TV
Thank you for your assistance in recognizing the fine people of our community.
YMCA OF TOPEKA
Purpose of the Award:
- To recognize those who have taken the time to improve the lives of others, have demonstrated a commitment to strengthening their community, and exemplify the core valuestaught by the YMCA.
- To provide examples of positive role modes for others through recognition of these youths and adults.
- Honorees will receive a plaque .
- Honoree’s picture will be placed in YMCA Branch Lobbies.
- A $ 100 donation in their name will be made to an organization of their choice.
- Youth Civic Organization
- Youth Church
- Youth School
- David Franzke Youth of the Year Award
- YMCA Staff
- Caring- demonstrates interest or concern for others. To place others ahead of yourself.
- Honesty-implies trustworthiness, integrity, honor, sincerity, and straightforwardness of conduct.
- Respect-deference and consideration toward others, appreciate other individuals and surroundings.
- Responsibility-is dependable in all that they do, is willing to be accountable for one’s actions.
- Complete the Nomination Form
- Mail the Form to Charlie Lord, CEO, YMCA of Toepka, 421 SW Van Buren, Topeka, Kansas 66603
- Note: YMCA Board of Director Members / Staff and their immediate families are not eligible for the award,
except for the staff recognition award.
YMCA Core Values Recognized: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility