- Christianity was born in Bethlehem, in what's now the West Bank. It took root among people like the Assyrians, who flourished in ancient Mesopotamia and soon found a home in places like modern-day Turkey
- The Air Force says an October jet crash in Kansas involving two F-16s occurred after one of the pilots failed to maintain visual contact with the other jet, leading to a mid-air collision.
- President Barack Obama asked Congress on Wednesday to formally authorize the use of military force in the war against ISIS, the first time a U.S. President has asked for such authorization in 13 years.
- The future of Fort Riley and northeast Kansas is at stake during a Monday afternoon listening session the Army will host in Junction City and 13 News will be there with live coverage.
- Leaders of the U.S. House and Senate presented the Congressional Gold Medal in honor of members of the First Special Service Force for the liberation of Europe and end to World War II.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.