- Kansas lawmakers have returned to the Statehouse and made quick work of the ceremonial conclusion of a 2013 session that produced additional tax cuts on top of sweeping changes made a year earlier
- The Shawnee County Parks and Rec Advisory Board unanimously approved a resolution Wednesday night urging Shawnee County commissioners to approve funding for a pedestrial bridge to connect the Deer Creek and Lake Shawnee trails.
- While Pease Air Guard Base in New Jersey was chosen for the mission, Forbes was among the five finalists to house KC-46A refuelers. The National Guard Bureau is doing an environmental impact study at all five sites.
- Jason Hachmeister was to stand trial June 24th on 111 counts of child pornography including sexual exploitation of a child. In an appearance Wednesday, a judge pushed that back to September 30th.
- The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas confirmed Wednesday it received an allegation June 8th against Father William Bruning, who currently serves Prince of Peace Parish in Olathe.