Woman Taken To The Hospital Following Morning House Fire

By: Posted By Michael Moore
By: Posted By Michael Moore

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- A woman was rushed to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a house caught fire in Southwest Topeka Monday night.

Smoke was coming from the home when firefighters arrived at 1912 S.W. Belle around 9:30 p.m.
Fire crews worked quickly to put out the fire while rescue crews searched the home for victims. They say everyone was safely outside the house. No other injuries were reported.

Investigators say the fire started in a sewing room in the Southwest corner of the home.
They believe an unattended space heater may have started it.

Damage to the home is estimated at $6,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203184731 - wibw.com/a?a=203184731