What To Know When Sending Your Child Back To School

By: Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment posted by Amanda Lanum
By: Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment posted by Amanda Lanum

TOPEKA, Kan. - In preparing students for school enrollment, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) provides the following information related to birth certificates and immunizations.

Birth Certificates
The Bureau of Epidemiology and Public Health Informatics (BEPHI) provides the option to get a birth certificate online at: http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth.html. You can obtain your birth certificates in person from the Office of Vital Statistics from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 120 in Topeka. There is a $15 fee for each certified copy of a Kansas birth certificate.

General questions can be answered at (785) 296-1400, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The telephone service is automated with a directory to provide options for accessing recorded information for requesting certified copies, inquiring about the status of previously submitted request or speaking with a staff member, if other assistance is needed.

The Bureau of Disease Control and Prevention (BDCP) provides up-to-date immunization information, which includes the latest 2012-2013 School & Child Care Immunization information at: http://www.kdheks.gov/immunize/schoolInfo.htm This site also provides immunization requirements, school entry requirements, the Medical Exemptions form and the Kansas Certificate of Immunization.

For general questions or more information, contact Mike Parsons at (785) 296-3975 or email at mparsons@kdheks.gov.

631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 164769286 - wibw.com/a?a=164769286
Gray Television, Inc.