Westside Stamp Moves Into Temporary Building Following Devastating Fire

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Some good news for a local business that was destroyed by fire last week.

A fire Monday night caused almost $500,000 in damages at Westside Stamp and Awards near 21st and Fairlawn.

Officials believe the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction that broke out in the production area.

On Monday, they continue to move into their new location at 2209 SW Gage.

The temporary building was offered to owner Barbara Butts by a friend.

Butts says contractors told her it will take up to six months to get their old building back in shape.

She says it's been a whirlwind of a week.

"it's been very stressful to deal with the insurance, the move everything else. We've had wonderful community support."

She says the community has pitched in and donated everything from office furniture and desks to basic needs.

Butts is hoping to be up and running by the end of the week in her temporary building.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 229636971 - wibw.com/a?a=229636971
Gray Television, Inc.