OSAGE BEACH, Mo. (AP) _ Two Missouri children have died after coming into contact with electricity while swimming at the Lake of the Ozarks on the Fourth of July.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol identified them as 13-year-old Alexandra Anderson and her 8-year-old brother Brayden, of Ashland.
Police say the children were swimming Wednesday near a private dock when they were shocked by an ``unknown source of electricity'' just after noon.
KOLR-TV reports several adults at the scene removed the children from the water and performed CPR until medical crews arrived.
The children were taken to an area hospital, where doctors pronounced them dead.
Highway Patrol spokesman Sgt. Paul Reinsch said it was not clear whether the children died of electrocution or drowning and that autopsies were planned for the morning.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.