Thermometer Break Sparks Mercury Concern At Manhattan High's East Campus

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - a mercury spill had a haz-mat team responding to Manhattan High School's East campus Wednesday morning.

District officials say a student accidentally broke a thermometer that contained mercury, spilling a small amount onto the table and floor. They say the mercury reading was well below the acceptable level, but all students and adults who were in the room during 1st and 2nd period were isolated as a precaution.

No one was injured and the mercury was successfully cleaned up.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173619631 - wibw.com/a?a=173619631
Gray Television, Inc.