Space Heater To Blame For Topeka House Fire

By: Sarah Plake
By: Sarah Plake

Fire thumbnail KAUZ MGN

Topeka, Kan. (WIBW) - Only one person was home when a fire started in a back bedroom of a southwest Topeka home.

Fire fighters responded to the call around 11:45 a.m. at 5713 SW Avalon.

A space heater in the bedroom caught a mattress on fire.

The fire was out about ten minutes after crews responded.

The woman living at the residence had just gotten home from church when the fire started.

The woman and her cat and dog got out of the house safely with no injuries.

A damage estimate is not available yet.

631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180756751 -
Gray Television, Inc.