WICHITA, Kan. (AP) _ Authorities say two children were present when a drug-fueled celebration of a $75,000 winning lottery ticket resulted in an explosion at a south-central Kansas duplex.
Wichita police Lt. Doug Nolte said Tuesday that the 10- and 6-year-old girls weren't injured. The Wichita Eagle reports that the explosion happened Friday after a man refueled butane torches that he and his brother planned to use to smoke drugs. Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace.
One of the brothers was treated at a hospital after sustaining second-degree burns on 10 percent of his body. He hasn't been arrested, but his 25-year-old brother has been taken into custody on suspicion of drug possession.
Nolte says the children's mother is the girlfriend of the brother who was burned.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.