Cigarette Butts Blamed For Pizza Hut Fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Topeka Fire crews were on the scene at the North Topeka Pizza Hut Thursday evening.

Crews were called to the restaurant at 2310 NW Topeka Blvd. just before 5 pm.

Investigators say a cigarette container tipped into the mulch outside the southeast corner of the building, starting a fire in the bushes which spread to the building. The back corner of the building was heavily damaged.

No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160757535 - wibw.com/a?a=160757535
Gray Television, Inc.