Cigarette Butts Blamed For Pizza Hut Fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Topeka Fire crews were on the scene at the North Topeka Pizza Hut Thursday evening.

Crews were called to the restaurant at 2310 NW Topeka Blvd. just before 5 pm.

Investigators say a cigarette container tipped into the mulch outside the southeast corner of the building, starting a fire in the bushes which spread to the building. The back corner of the building was heavily damaged.

No injuries were reported.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160757535 - wibw.com/a?a=160757535
Gray Television, Inc.