Newly-Sold Home Gutted By Fire

By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
Tap the Picture to View the Slideshow

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW - A newly-sold, vacant home in east Topeka caught fire early Thursday.

Fire crews were called around 4:30 am to 801 SE Highland Ave. Fire crews saw smoke and flames coming from the home when they arrived.

Authorities say a young couple purchased the home just Wednesday. They were in the process of moving in, but weren't there when the fire broke out.

Firefighters declared the fire out just before 6 am. A fire investigator was trying to determine where and how the fire started.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 179574571