Lightning Blamed For Council Grove Fire

By: Josh Mabry
By: Josh Mabry

COUNCIL GROVE, Kan. (WIBW)-- Lightning is being blamed for a fire that destroyed retired pastor's home in Council Grove early Wednesday.

A 13 News viewer submitted images of crews fighting the fire at 102 North Mission St.

The residents of the home, a family of two, were alerted of smoke by a guest when lighting hit the structure around 2 a.m. They were able to escape without injury.

Four bedrooms on the second floor of the home were destroyed. The homeowners planned to salvage items Wednesday.

The building was previously a funeral home, according to one 13 News viewer. The structure is more than 100 years old.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 218687791 - wibw.com/a?a=218687791
Gray Television, Inc.