LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) _ A Lawrence woman whose daughter died after ingesting drugs found in a plastic Easter egg has been sentenced to three years of probation.
Twenty-five-year-old Rebecca Lynn Wynne was sentenced Thursday after pleading no contest in November to reckless involuntary manslaughter and two counts of aggravated child endangerment.
Prosecutors say Wynne's 5-year-old daughter died in April after ingesting opiates in her parents' home.
The Lawrence Journal-World reports the child endangerment charges involved Wynne's 6- and 4-year-old children, who have been in protective custody since April. All three of the children were playing with morphine and Oxycontin pills that Wynne obtained the day before her daughter died.
At the sentencing, Judge Paula Martin said Wynne posed no danger to the community and was dedicated to rehabilitating herself.
Information from: Lawrence (Kan.) Journal-World, http://www.ljworld.com
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.