Lawrence Cooking Fire Causes $175,000 Damage

LAWRENCE, Kan. (WIBW) -- A two-alarm fire at a Lawrence apartment complex Tuesday morning did an estimated $175,000 damage.

It started at about 7:45 a.m. at the Southpointe Apartments & Park Villas, 2310 West 26th St.

Officials say the cause of the fire has been classified as accidental, having started in a kitchen by "unattended cooking."

The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting displaced occupants of six apartments.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 174613421 - wibw.com/a?a=174613421