Laundry Catches Fire Outside Topeka Business

By: Suzie Gilbert Email
By: Suzie Gilbert Email

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Firefighters were on the scene Sunday afternoon (7/8) of a blaze that erupted on the Ameripride Linen and Apparel's property.

It happened just outside of the facility, at 123 SE Madison. The cleaner stores the dirty laundry outside of the Ameripride building near the trucks and the dumpsters, and officials say the oils in the rags caused the laundry to catch fire outside.

No one was injured, but there was damage to some of the dumpsters, trucks and the laundry itself.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161732295