HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) _ A Hutchinson man who's suffering from Lyme Disease wants to raise awareness about the tick-borne illness in Kansas.
Andy Green was bitten by a tick in 2009 while in Arkansas. The bite developed into a red circular rash, which he assumed it was a spider bite.
But Green had actually been bitten by a tick carrying the bacteria that causes Lyme Disease. The bite has left him in constant pain, disabled, and unable to work.
And Green and his family say finding doctors well-versed in Lyme has been a challenge.
The Hutchinson News reports (http://bit.ly/MRvUcQ ) that Kansas health officials say there have been two confirmed cases of Lyme Disease in Kansas this year. The three-year median in Kansas from 2007 to 2009 was 16 cases.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.