TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A candle is blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a Topeka home Tuesday morning.
Fire crews were call just after 9:30 am to 627 SE Highland Ave. Firefighters saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the north side of the home when they arrived.
The fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators say it started in the living room, likely by an unattended candle. They say the home had no electrical utilities connected.
No one was hurt but the fire caused an estimated $26,000 damage.
The Red Cross is assisting two adults and a child who lived at the home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.