Candle Blamed For House Fire

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A candle is blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a Topeka home Tuesday morning.

Fire crews were call just after 9:30 am to 627 SE Highland Ave. Firefighters saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the north side of the home when they arrived.

The fire was quickly extinguished. Investigators say it started in the living room, likely by an unattended candle. They say the home had no electrical utilities connected.

No one was hurt but the fire caused an estimated $26,000 damage.

The Red Cross is assisting two adults and a child who lived at the home.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 150701025