Gas Leak Evacuates Manhattan Starbucks

By: Posted by Melissa Brunner
By: Posted by Melissa Brunner

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) - Visitors at a Manhattan Starbucks were evacuated while enjoying their cup of joe Wednesday evening.

Manhattan Fire officials say a car struck a gas meter around 6 pm and knocked it off the regulator. It happened in the alley between Starbucks and Aggieville.

Fire crews shut the cap off, then waited for Kansas Gas Service to arrive. Officials checked surrounding buildings that shared the same gas line and found everything was safe.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161394395 - wibw.com/a?a=161394395
Gray Television, Inc.