Gas Smell Causes North Topeka YMCA Evacuation

By: Josh Mabry/Doug Brown
By: Josh Mabry/Doug Brown
A Topeka YMCA location was evacuated Wednesday morning after reports of a natural gas odor.

Kuhne Branch YMCA, 1936 N. Tyler (Photo: Doug Brown/WIBW-TV)

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- A Topeka YMCA location was evacuated Wednesday morning after reports of a natural gas odor.

Firefighters were called to the Kuehne Branch YMCA, located at 1936 N. Tyler St. around 10:20 a.m.

Fire crews left the scene by about 11 a.m. while Kansas Gas Service personnel remained on located to investigate. The building was reopened around 12:30 p.m.

Further details about the incident were not released by 12:00 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.

Stay with WIBW-TV and wibw.com for the latest on this developing story.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200253671 - wibw.com/a?a=200253671
Gray Television, Inc.