Gas Smell Causes North Topeka YMCA Evacuation

By: Josh Mabry/Doug Brown
By: Josh Mabry/Doug Brown
Kuhne Branch YMCA, 1936 N. Tyler (Photo: Doug Brown/WIBW-TV)

Kuhne Branch YMCA, 1936 N. Tyler (Photo: Doug Brown/WIBW-TV)

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- A Topeka YMCA location was evacuated Wednesday morning after reports of a natural gas odor.

Firefighters were called to the Kuehne Branch YMCA, located at 1936 N. Tyler St. around 10:20 a.m.

Fire crews left the scene by about 11 a.m. while Kansas Gas Service personnel remained on located to investigate. The building was reopened around 12:30 p.m.

Further details about the incident were not released by 12:00 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.

Stay with WIBW-TV and for the latest on this developing story.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email:
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200253671