Gas Leak Causes Truck Explosion

By: 13 News (posted by Sarah Plake)
By: 13 News (posted by Sarah Plake)

TOPEKA, Kansas (WIBW) -- Crews responded to a call of a vehicle on fire at around 5:45 p.m. Saturday evening at 3007 Southeast Burton Street.

A gas leak caused the front end of a red Dodge truck to burst into flames.

The owner of the truck told 13 News he was driving it and noticed the gas leak, so he parked it in the driveway. Shortly after, the truck caught fire.

Fire crews had the blaze under control in ten minutes.

There were no injuries.

Photos: courtesty of Carolynn Ingram


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 207070891