Fraternity Fire Displaces More Than 80 KU Students

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

Highlights:

- Roof of Sigma Chi fraternity house caught fire

- More than 80 fraternity members displaced

- KU officials helping students find places to sleep

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A fire at a fraternity house on the east side of the KU campus has displaced more than 80 students tonight.

The fire at Sigma Chi fraternity was reported just before 4:00 p.m.

When crews arrived, smoke was seen coming from the roof line, and continued to spread.

KU officials are working with the fraternity members to find places for them to sleep, and to help them with replacing books and supplies.

No injuries were reported at the time. It is unknown how the fire started or how much damage it caused.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 167136355 - wibw.com/a?a=167136355