TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Firefighters responded to a house fire in the 5400 block of SW Wanamaker Road Tuesday night. The stretch of road in front of the home was blocked for a short period so firefighters could safely battle the blaze.
Crews were called to the home, at 5436 SW WanamakerRoad, around 8:15 p.m. The fire reportedly started in a car and spread to the home. They had it under control around 9:00 p.m.
State Fire Marshal Wally Roberts said the fire was caused by an unspecified malfunction in the vehicle.
No injuries have been reported.
Posted by: Nick Viviani
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.