TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- A house fire in Topeka caused a section of Gage Boulevard to close Thursday morning.
The fire was first reported around 10 a.m. in the 2400 block of Gage. Crews on scene Thursday said it appeared to have started in a connected garage of the home, before spreading. A neighboring home was damaged as heat melted siding material.
An official cause of the fire wasn't immediately released Thursday, but a reporter with The Topeka Capital-Journal said careless discharge of fireworks may have been to blame.
Gage Boulevard was closed at 24th street from the north as fire crew vehicles blocked the roadway in from of the burned home.
There were no immediate reports of injury Thursday morning.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.