Fire Causes Road Closure In Topeka

By: Josh Mabry
By: Josh Mabry
Tap the Picture to View the Slideshow

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- A house fire in Topeka caused a section of Gage Boulevard to close Thursday morning.

The fire was first reported around 10 a.m. in the 2400 block of Gage. Crews on scene Thursday said it appeared to have started in a connected garage of the home, before spreading. A neighboring home was damaged as heat melted siding material.

An official cause of the fire wasn't immediately released Thursday, but a reporter with The Topeka Capital-Journal said careless discharge of fireworks may have been to blame.

Gage Boulevard was closed at 24th street from the north as fire crew vehicles blocked the roadway in from of the burned home.

There were no immediate reports of injury Thursday morning.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161447635 - wibw.com/a?a=161447635
Gray Television, Inc.