Space Heater Blamed For Tecumseh House Fire

By: Amanda Lanum, Melissa Brunner Email
By: Amanda Lanum, Melissa Brunner Email

TECUMSEH, Kan. (WIBW) -- Investigators with the State Fire Marshal's Office say a space heater is to blame for a house fire Wednesday morning.

Shawnee Heights fire crews were called around 6:40 am to 5132 Southeast 4th Terrace.

Battalion Chief Scott Price says crews arrived to find heavy smoke and flames in the home. He says the owner and his two pets had gotten out safely.

Price says vegetation around the home posed some difficulty but crews were able to quickly knock down the fire. They remained on the scene, putting out hot spots.

The home was heavily damaged.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 227066801 - wibw.com/a?a=227066801