Electrical Issues Blamed For Early Morning Blaze

By: Chris Fisher/Melissa Brunner Email
By: Chris Fisher/Melissa Brunner Email

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Smoke detectors are credited with warning a Topeka family of a fire overnight.

Smoke was reported around 12:30 am Tuesday in a shop attached to the garage at 5630 Southwest Lincolnshire Circle. Everyone got out safely.

Mission Township Fire crews worked to keep the flames from spreading to the house, with help from Auburn Fire.

The State Fire Marshal's office tells 13 News the fire started near the swimming pool controls in the shop and was likely due to a problem with the electrical circuits in that area.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 210051751 - wibw.com/a?a=210051751