TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW-TV) -- Everyone safely escaped a home in central Topeka after a fire broke out in the basement.
Shawnee County Dispatch told 13 News that around 12:40 a.m. Tuesday morning, crews from the Topeka Fire Department reported smoke coming from the home at 1111 SW Horne when they arrived.
They told us that all occupants were safely away from the structure when fire crews began attacking the blaze.
Dispatch said it took firefighters about ten minutes to get the fire under control.
Firefighters told us the blaze had spread up to the home's first floor.
Officials say the cause of the fire is electrical and caused $15,000 damage to the structure, and another $10,000 to contents.
No injuries were reported.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.