Fraternity Fire Causes More Than $150,000 In Damage

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - A fire at the Sigma Chi fraternity house on the KU campus yesterday caused more than $150,000 in damage.

Officials ruled the fire as accidental due to construction work on the outside of the building.

The fire began on the roof and quickly spread, displacing about 80 fraternity members.

KU officials are working with the fraternity members to find places for them to sleep, and to help them with replacing books and supplies.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 167278845