Families To Get New Homes In Junction City

By: Press Release Posted By Lindsey Rogers
By: Press Release Posted By Lindsey Rogers

JUNCTION CITY, Kan. -- The City of Junction City Mutual Self-Help Housing Program has scheduled a ribbon cutting ceremony for six newly built family homes and a groundbreaking ceremony for six more homes to be completed over the next six to eight months. The ribbon cutting will take place at 6:00 pm on Friday, June 8, 2012, at the Junction City Municipal Building Gymnasium, Junction City, KS; with the groundbreaking ceremony following. All are invited to attend.

The Self-Help Housing Program is designed to assist low and very low-income families become homeowners. Under the supervision of the program director, Dan Pfizenmaier, and the construction supervisor, Plinio Aizprua, participants in the program build 65% of their own home and five other families’ homes in order to keep the costs of the homes at an affordable level. Qualified construction contractors build the remaining 35% of the homes. The end state is a family living in a home they own that is better than they otherwise could afford and that they can take great pride in because they built it. To date, the program has completed 83 new family homes, which are located in the City of Junction City.

For more information about the ceremony or the Self-Help Housing Program, call Lori Hodgson at 238-3103 extension 140.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 157502865 - wibw.com/a?a=157502865