HOLTON, Kan. (WIBW)-- A Holton senior center and some homes were evacuated Wednesday after digging crews broke a gas line.
Utility crews were working in the 300 block of Pennsylvania when the accident occurred, according to Holton Police Chief Gayle Gakle.
A gas line, which Gakle described as small, was ruptured as crews dug near a residence. The rupture caused what was called a small leak.
A few homes and a nearby senior center were evacuated as a precautionary measure. Big Mike's Restaurant voluntarily evacuated while crews worked to stop the gas leak.
As of 2:30 p.m. Wednesday crews were still working to repair the leak.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.