Dust Sparks Fire Alarm At Statehouse

By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
By: WIBW (Posted by Melissa Brunner)

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Dust from construction work sent people out of the Statehouse for a few minutes Thursday morning.

Topeka Fire officials tell 13 News the dust triggered an alarm in the fifth-floor attic area just after 8 am. Firefighters opened a window and ventilated the area. There was no fire.

People were evacuated from the Statehouse while fire crews investigated.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 212405321 - wibw.com/a?a=212405321
Gray Television, Inc.