TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) -- Shawnee County Sheriff's Sgt. Eric Frey said a man wrecked a car Friday morning, crashing it into a flower garden.
Deputies responded to the accident just before 4 a.m. at SE 37th Street and Westedge Road. They say a white passenger car had been traveling east on SE 37th Street when it failed to stop at the stop sign at SE Westedge Road. The car, deputies say, drove through a flower garden before rolling and coming to a stop.
The driver, Taylor Hatfield, 19, of Lecompton, was found near the accident scene soon after deputies arrived. He was treated for minor injuries.
A male passenger, Evan Hix, 19, of Tecumseh, was found about 90 minutes later. He was taken to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Hatfield is charged with a string of violations:
· Aggravated Battery
· Driving under the Influence of alcohol
· Reckless driving
· Minor in Consumption
· Transport Open Container
· Duty of driver to give certain information after an accident (render aid)
· Giving false information in reference to an accident
· Fail to stop at accident with injury
· Fail to report an injury accident
· Fail to stop at stop sign
· Fail to maintain lane
· No proof liability insurance
The accident is still under investigation.