County Commissioners Approve Grant Application Process For Carlson Bridge

By: WIBW (Kion Hudson)
By: WIBW (Kion Hudson)

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW)-- County Commissioners approved applying for grant funding to cover the cost of a new bridge on Southwest Carlson Road.

Public Works Director Tom Vlach says, with the grant, the federal government will cover 80% of the cost, with Shawnee and Wabaunsee counties paying the other 20%.

$200,000 of the cost from the project will be used from the countywide--half cent sales tax.


631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 212402871 - wibw.com/a?a=212402871
Gray Television, Inc.