Construction Work May Be To Blame For SW Topeka House Fire

By: Stephanie Schultz
By: Stephanie Schultz

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW) - Construction work may be to blame for a fire in SW Topeka Monday afternoon.

Crews were called around 2:30 p.m. to the home at 2208 Southwest Edgewater Terrace.

Investigator Michael Martin tells 13 News that crews were doing some roofing and electrical work on the house at that time.

It's believed they struck an electrical line near the roof that sparked the fire.

Martin said the fire caused about $25,000 in damages; $20,000 structure and $5,000 content.

One person was inside the home at the time, but made it out safely before crews arrived.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 236099641