Carbon Monoxide Cited In Kansas Hotel Incident

By: AP (Posted by Melissa Brunner)
By: AP (Posted by Melissa Brunner)

GREENSBURG, Kan. (AP) _ A south-central Kansas hotel has reopened after carbon monoxide exposure sent more than 30 people to a hospital where they were treated and released.

Sunday's incident caused a brief evacuation of the Best Western Inn & Suites in Greensburg.

Kiowa County Sheriff Kendal Lothman said Monday that several children had got out of the hotel swimming pool with dilated eyes and difficulty breathing.

Lothman says the children had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide believed to result from a water heater failing to vent properly. Guests were allowed back in their rooms later Sunday, but the pool area remains closed until the problem is fixed.

Hotel manager Ron Wright said Monday he was thankful nobody was seriously hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email: feedback@wibw.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 182903741 - wibw.com/a?a=182903741