GREEN, Kan. (WIBW) - More crews were quickly dispatched to the scene of a structure fire that happened Friday evening in Green, Kan.
The Riley County Fire District was called to 16250 Fancy Creek Road around 5:45 p.m.
A teenager and a child were outside of the home when crews from the Mayday Fire Station arrived and reported the fire to be in an upstairs bedroom.
Firefighters made entry and quickly knocked the blaze down, keeping it from extending to the rest of the house.
Crews estimated about $4,000 in damage to the bedroom. The cause of the fire appeared to be a candle that was knocked over.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.